Travel Edge is a $750 million travel company with offices in Canada, US and Bermuda. Employing over 750 people, it is headquartered in downtown Toronto, and is privately held. The company has grown at a rapid pace, from start-up in 2006, and has three operating companies; Kensington Tours, a tour company, Worldview Travel, a group of luxury and corporate travel agencies, and Travel Edge, a technology based Travel Company.
The VP, Affiliate Channel will manage the effectiveness of the Affiliate Team in Canada, US and Bermuda by leading and motivating affiliates to achieve business revenue and commissions through a range of methods that support business requirements and expectations while creating and fostering the brand awareness of Travel Edge
Act as the role model for the team in providing high level sales and customer service to existing affiliates and potential affiliates and is responsible for managing, mentoring and developing their affiliates through consistent business reviews.
- Develop and maintain relationships with preferred Affiliates and Consortias.
- Develop strategic partnerships to increase awareness and increase sales
- Identify and develop relationships with existing/potential top leisure agencies
- Communicate and work with affiliate stakeholders
- Represent Travel Edge at trade shows and preferred agency network events, presenting our products and services
- Provide the highest level of customer service and sales by using and communicating available customer information in order to bring about improvement
- Achieve Business KPI’s by executing pro-active affiliate recruitment strategies
- Ensure sales targets and company expectations are clearly communicated to the affiliates
- Run reports on a regular basis and often ad hoc and report stats to the Vice-President, Air & Affiliates to discuss in departmental meetings
- Analyze and manage key agencies’ sales data to creatively initiate improvement
- Resolve any affiliate concerns or complaints through immediate communications with appropriate parties – acts as first point of escalation - respond to affiliate concerns in a courteous and professional manner
- 10+ years of travel industry experience, experience with recruitment of affiliates preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Energetic, positive, motivational leader and creative problem solver
- Effectively handles external and internal customers, requiring patience, tact, and diplomacy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, and GDSs
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.