Founded in 2011, Travel Edge is a $750 million company specializing in Leisure, Corporate & Events, and Tours travel. The Leisure division has 10 offices in the US, Canada, and Bermuda, with over 750 expert advisors specializing in air, cruise, vacation, and VIP travel. The agency developed the Agent Digital Experience (ADX) to solve chronic efficiency problems for agents. The Corporate & Events division has four offices and 100 corporate travel and event planners specializing in corporations looking for a tailored and full-service travel management solution. The Tours division, Kensington Tours, has 150 destination experts and offers custom and private guided tours to over 90 countries worldwide.
The Director of Business Development position will be located in Santa Ana, California.
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, Corporate, the Director of Business Development is responsible for increasing business travel volume and grow market share by identifying, qualifying, and recruiting new business travel accounts into the operation.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, methodologies and processes to drive new business growth.
- Track competitor activity in the market and initiate necessary actions where appropriate.
- Represent the company externally in an effective manner. Determine appropriate trade show and other sales development event participation that affect the US market.
- Represent the company in suitable trade and professional organizations.
- Build strong internal relationships so as to ensure appropriate support and cross-functional cooperation.
- Develop a lead/referral channel utilizing industry relationships, strategic and regional sales contracts, customers, and Worldview Travel functional groups.
- Maintain pipeline of business development opportunities and provide regular reporting on their progress.
- Act as a communication conduit between the local industry and client services to define service enhancement opportunities.
- Actively prospect/call target accounts to qualify timing of actual sales opportunities. Initiate sales process at the appropriate time relative to contract expiration.
- Determine unique Worldview Travel Corporate Services value proposition for each prospect opportunity through careful analysis of prospect’s current business, challenges, goals, and operations.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers and key influencers in Canada.
- Create and develop appropriate sales strategies to win new business in US.
- Draft and deliver sales presentations and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual revenue target set by Worldview Travel Corporate Services.
- Manage prospect relationship data in Salesforce system.
- Ensure smooth transition of new business to Implementation Manager and Client Services Team.
- Performs other duties and assists in all areas, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- 5+ years of Corporate Travel Industry Experience.
- Extensive experience in sales/business development.
- Strategic selling and closing skills.
- Proven ability to drive sales results.
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales and negotiation in a business to business environment.
- Strong written communication skills, experience with writing RFPs preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong financial and business acumen (planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills)
- Self-starter, team player, and able to work independently.
- Very good knowledge and network within the Corporate Travel Industry
- Ability to travel up to 60%
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.