As part of an over $750M Canadian-owned company, Travel Edge (a sister company of Kensington Tours) is a travel management and leisure luxury company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. The company has 11 offices across 3 countries - Canada, the USA, and Bermuda. Travel Edge serves corporate, luxury leisure, and the meetings & events business. As one of the largest privately owned travel companies in Canada, our corporate advisors and events specialists start by understanding your strategic objectives, then bring together a plan to meet your professional requirements and exceed your personal expectations. Delivering consistent and excellent service to our customers is at the heart of our Corporate Travel.
The Vice President, Meetings & Events role leads and directs M&E business (events and Strategic Meetings Management) for Canada, the USA, and Bermuda. Provides leadership, strategic direction, and expertise to engage and develop staff, establish best practice processes, drive client retention, growth, and profitability. Develop staffing models and key metrics, encourage innovation and cross-functional thought leadership, and deliver service, program optimization, and overall value to customers. Partner and engage closely with all business partners to establish market strategy and customer solutions for M&E offering and value proposition.
What you will do:
- Adapt enterprise strategy to drive an M&E strategic plan to increase revenue, gaining executive alignment
- Determine and implement the support strategy to deliver operational excellence working closely with Business Development, Operations, and third party suppliers.
- Retain and grow organically an existing client portfolio through high quality operational and program management services.
- Develop an M&E value proposition to proactively approach clients or respond to M&E RFPs.
- Develop and direct a sales plan, monitoring pipeline and revenue progress.
- Partner with Business Development Directors to identify new customer targets and align sales practices.
- Partner with Marketing Team to develop a strategy to increase M&E brand awareness in the marketplace.
- Develop and oversee management of departmental budget to maximize impact and ROI, including tracking financial progress while identifying cost-savings opportunities.
- Review M&E technology requirements and develop a strategy to increase productivity, value to clients, and reporting.
- Build and continually develop a core team to successfully execute on the long-term, strategic vision of the company as well as support a growing, high-performance culture.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers and key influencers.
- Partner with clients in developing program proposals, design, and budgets.
- Setting and developing timelines, project management task lists, and divisions of duties.
- Managing logistics, operations, schedules, and production coordination.
- Manage site selection, RFP creation and management, site inspections, and analytical recaps.
- Oversee overall project execution, performance, and profitability.
- Set goals, conduct regular 1:1s, and provide support to MICE Team.
- Provide regular communications to key stakeholders on status of team goals, events, etc.
- Streamline departmental processes and leverage the right technology to increase the effectiveness of the M&E team.
Who you are:
- Minimum 15+ years professional event management and incentive experience, coupled with experience in leading a small meetings & events team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred.
- CMP designation preferred
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales, and negotiation.
- Results-oriented with the ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong financial and business acumen (planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills).
- A strong and proven leader with demonstrable ability to develop and motivate high performing team members.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, logical, work-oriented, and analytical.
- Ability to actively listen, ensure understanding and be adaptable to all key stakeholders. MPI membership, is preferred.
- Extremely adept in software applications: MS Office, CVent, Base Camp, etc.