As part of an over $750M Canadian-owned company, Travel Edge (a sister company of Kensington Tours) is a travel management and leisure luxury company, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. The company has 11 offices across 3 countries - Canada, the USA, and Bermuda. Travel Edge serves corporate, luxury leisure, and the meetings & events business. As one of the largest privately owned travel companies in Canada, our corporate advisors and events specialists start by understanding your strategic objectives, then bring together a plan to meet your professional requirements and exceed your personal expectations. Delivering consistent and excellent service to our customers is at the heart of our Corporate Travel.
The Vice President, Client Services (Corporate) role leads and directs the account management team for Canada, the USA, and Bermuda. Provides leadership, strategic direction, and expertise to engage and develop staff, establish best practice processes, drive client retention, growth, and profitability. Develop staffing models and key metrics, encourage innovation and cross-functional thought leadership, and deliver service, program optimization, and overall value to customers. Partner and engage closely with all business partners to establish market strategy and customer solutions for the Corporate Travel Services offering and value proposition.
What you will do:
- Adapt enterprise strategy to drive a strategic plan for client services to increase retention, gaining executive alignment
- Determine and implement the support strategy to deliver operational excellence working closely with Business Development, Operations, and Implementations.
- Ensure existing clients are retained through high quality operational and program management services.
- Partner with Business Development Directors to identify new customer targets and align sales practices.
- Partner with Operations team to develop and maintain clear and concise customer requirements, work instructions, and KPIs.
- Create KPIs that accurately reflect the customer experience and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and oversee management of departmental budget to maximize impact and ROI, including tracking financial progress while identifying cost-savings opportunities.
- Lead the ability of the team to drive service improvement plans/ corrective actions for accounts where necessary to improve customer satisfaction.
- Build and continually develop a core team to successfully execute on the long-term, strategic vision of the company as well as support a growing, high-performance culture.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers and key influencers.
- Participate in the development of implementation plans for each client.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with preferred vendors to ensure assistance in resolving problems and to ensure preferred rate/commission treatment.
- Provide client specific product demonstrations – ensuring that the client is able to utilize available technology to their best advantage.
- Work with airline, car, and hotel partners along with the client to negotiate contract discounts.
- Partner with clients in developing program proposals, design, and budgets.
- Setting and developing timelines, project management task lists, and divisions of duties.
- Lead the Client Services & Implementation team (4 direct reports).
- Coach and mentor staff to develop individual capabilities around account strategy development, solution development, and financial analysis.
- Set goals, conduct regular 1:1s, and provide support to the Account Management Team.
- Provide regular communications to key stakeholders on status of team goals, activities, etc.
- Streamline departmental processes and leverage the right technology to increase the effectiveness of account management from the Client Services Team.
Who you are:
- Minimum 15+ years in Client Services, coupled with experience in leading a small team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, preferred.
- Corporate Travel Management experience, preferred.
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales, and negotiation.
- Results-oriented with the ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong financial and business acumen (planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills).
- A strong and proven leader with demonstrable ability to develop and motivate high performing team members.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, logical, work-oriented, and analytical.
- Ability to actively listen, ensure understanding and be adaptable to all key stakeholders.
- Extremely adept in software applications: MS Office