As part of an over $850M Canadian-owned company (an enterprise that consists of TravelEdge, Kensington Tours, and Worldview Travel), Worldview Travel is one of the leading Virtuoso agencies with offices in Canada, USA, and Bermuda. Worldview Travel comprises leisure, corporate and specialty travel divisions and is a recognized leader in the industry. Worldview Travel Corporate Services, a business unit branch of Worldview Travel, Inc. (“WVT”), builds customized solutions designed to deliver measurable ROI. Worldview Travel is uniquely positioned to service corporations of any size.
Reporting to the Director, Worldview Events, the Senior Sales Executive - MICE is responsible for increasing meetings, events, and incentive travel volume and grow market share by identifying, qualifying, and recruiting new accounts into the operation.
- Develop and implement sales strategies, methodologies and processes to drive new business growth.
- Track competitor activity in the market and initiate necessary actions where appropriate.
- Represent the company externally in an effective manner. Determine appropriate trade show and other sales development event participation that affect the North American market.
- Represent the company in suitable trade and professional organizations.
- Build strong internal relationships so as to ensure appropriate support and cross-functional cooperation.
- Develop a lead/referral channel utilizing industry relationships, strategic and regional sales contracts, customers, and Worldview Travel functional groups.
- Maintain pipeline of business development opportunities and provide regular reporting on their progress.
- Act as a communication conduit between the local industry and client services to define service enhancement opportunities.
- Actively prospect/call target accounts to qualify timing of actual sales opportunities. Initiate sales process at the appropriate time relative to contract expiration.
- Determine unique Worldview Travel MICE value proposition for each prospect opportunity through careful analysis of prospect’s current business, challenges, goals, and operations.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with decision makers and key influencers in North America.
- Create and develop appropriate sales strategies to win new business in North America.
- Draft and deliver sales presentations and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual revenue target set by Worldview Events.
- Manage prospect relationship data in Salesforce system.
- Ensure smooth transition of new business to Worldview Events team.
- Performs other duties and assists in all areas, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Extensive experience in B2B sales/business development.
- Experience selling to C-Suite.
- Strategic selling and closing skills.
- Proven ability to drive sales results and work in a KPI intensive environment.
- Consultative communication skills, including presentation, sales and negotiation in a business to business environment.
- Strong written communication skills, experience with writing RFPs preferred.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Strong financial and business acumen (planning, budgeting, and forecasting skills)
- Self-starter, team player, and able to work independently.
- Meetings & Events experience, an asset.
- Extensive professional network.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.