As part of an over $850M Canadian-owned company (an enterprise that consists of TravelEdge, Kensington Tours, and Worldview Travel), Worldview Travel is one of the leading Virtuoso agencies with offices in California, Toronto, Florida, Atlanta, New York, Oregon, and Bermuda. Worldview Travel comprises leisure, corporate and specialty travel divisions and is a recognized leader in the industry.
The Sales Assistant is responsible for assisting with sales, marketing, and general office administration. The Sales Assistant will be expected to support senior agents while developing their own knowledge of general business operations.
- Assist Senior Agents with travel bookings (reservations, find fares and schedule information, process documentation/payments, etc.).
- Facilitate client bookings (air, hotel, cruise, and excursions).
- Learn Air Ticketing function and provide support when required.
- Participate in professional development activities (i.e. supplier certifications).
- Back-up support to Finance Department (i.e. printing cheques, running reports, etc.)
- Coordinate the timely submission of office paid time-off reports to Head Office.
- Ensure office supplies are maintained and replenished as necessary.
- Redirect phone calls, emails, and mail to the appropriate WVT contact.
- Provide Branch Manager/Regional Director with administrative and marketing support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sales experience in the travel industry required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite, TRAMS, CB +, and SABRE. The ability to learn new computer systems/technology quickly.
- Passion for travel and willingness to learn and develop your own clientele.
- Must be Collaborative and an optimistic outlook.
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Desire to go the extra mile and overcome challenges.
- Committed to developing your sales skills, knowledge, and expertise.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule (including nights/weekends).
Location: 50D Peninsula Center, Rolling Hills Estate, CA, 90274
Rancho Palos Verdes, Torrence, Carson, Long Beach