Kensington Tours (KT) is a leading travel company that specializes in custom tours in over 90 countries. An award winning company, KT is a dynamic, rapidly growing company with over $100 million in sales. The success of Kensington Tours has been in its ability to provide customized tours to every client, at a price lower than all competitors. The company is able to do this by leveraging a custom developed IT system that links suppliers, CRM, quotes, accounting, and clients and by ensuring that 95% of staff are experienced sales consultants who do their own operations support. The three key aspects to the company are a lean sales operation, product development in response to client demand, and strategic partnerships and growth in new channels.
With headcount projected to grow at an exponential rate over the next year, this individual will assist the Learning and Development team in the design and build of orientation, sales and systems training programs to drive employee success, engagement and ROI for hires. The successful candidate is a confident and creative self starter that sets the standard and expectations through example in his/her conduct, work ethic, integrity and character.
- Work with the Senior Learning and Development Specialist to build creative, effective and compelling design concepts for e-learning programs, preparing and implementing learning objectives
- Design, structure and sequence learning content and interactions to achieve learning outcomes
- Prepare design documentation by defining media and technical strategies
- Developing e-learning programmes by using development tools such as Captivate, Articulate and others
- Assist in the development of online and blended training materials to include training handbooks, job aids, models, multimedia visual aids, computer and web-based tutorials, inclusive of distance learning programs for remote employees
- Base training design on instructional design and adult learning principals to ensure that learning is engaging for all the audiences
- Develop and/or modify existing design/training templates with new ones to provide training in multiple delivery channels
- Ability to develop knowledge checks that supports the learning objectives and that can be measured and reported on
- Contribute in the success of learning goals by active team participation and collaboration
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Bachelors or Masters in adult education or instructional design, training and development certificate or relevant education
- 1-2 years’ experience in adult education or Instructional design
- Fluent with adult learning strategies and instructional design theories including accelerated learning
- Strong knowledge of MS office (Excel, PowerPoint and word)
- Demonstrated experience using e-learning building tools preferred (e.g. Articulate, Captivate)
- Sound knowledge of Photoshop and Storyline. Knowledge in interactive PDF will be an asset.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent creative and conceptual thinking abilities
- Ability to work autonomously and thrive in a fast paced, high energy organization
- Proven project management skills and ability to own and execute multiple projects on deadline
- A motivated, positive self-starter