How do you share your passion for the Art of Travel?
At Kensington Tours, we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the world in their own unique way. That’s what makes us the experts in delivering tailor-made tours to over 90 countries worldwide. With $70 million in sales and a host of awards won, including National Geographic '50 Tours of a Lifetime’, our team of ‘destination experts’ don’t just deliver amazing travel experiences; we enrich people’s lives.
In a world of mobile tech, insta-everything and virtual tours, Kensington Tours brings people around the globe to touch, feel, taste, smell and truly experience all of the beauty, nature, architecture, food, fashion, music and art different countries have to offer.
Very rarely does an opportunity come up that allows you to seamlessly combine your passions into a fulfilling and profitable career at an established company. Don’t let this pass you by.
Who we’re looking for
Reporting to the Vice President, Agency Sales, we need an Account Executive. This is a role for someone with strengths in relationship building and client education. Someone who wants to actively contribute to the growth of the Kensington Tours Agency channel in the US & Canada through the proactive account management of travel agent locations.
Who you are and how your career will grow here
You want to join one of the leaders in luxury travel. You are seeking the chance to grow your career with an elite brand, nurturing relationships in an inside sales role and increasing revenue. You want the opportunity to move up into field sales or over into a travel consultant role. Travel is where your heart is and you are driven by your passion to share your love of world travel with others.
What you’ll do:
- Increase revenue. You will reach out to accounts that fall below our minimum threshold to determine what support they need from us in order to increase revenue.
- Build relationships. You will nurture and grow relationships with existing travel agencies. You will seek opportunities to promote and sell products. You will maintain prospect lists and the contact database.
- Provide superior levels of customer service. You will resolve any agent complaints immediately. You will provide sales support to all agencies within the territory.
- Learn and share. You will maintain an in depth knowledge of all Kensington Tours product and services. You will host product/system training webinars with agency and consortia partners.
- Assist Regional Sales Managers. You will provide internal sales and administration support including travel and events logistics, reporting, marketing and agency relationship management.
- Attend trade shows. You will present the products and services of Kensington Tours at trade shows and preferred agency network events.
- Other projects as assigned.
Who you are:
- An experienced relationship builder. You have at least two years in B2B sales within the travel industry. You thrive in an entrepreneurial, autonomous environment. You know how to gain client trust and how to build relationships to secure repeat business.
- A high performer. You are motivated by success. You thrive in a sales environment and enjoy the thrill of reaching and exceeding your targets. Passion and persistence are your key drivers.
- A fan of technology. You have strong skills in the full MS Office suite. You can learn our proprietary system quickly.
- A rewards seeker. You have high standards and you believe in challenging yourself not just to meet but to exceed personal and professional goals.
- An outstanding communicator. You have an engaging and warm phone presence. Your meticulous email communications are extremely professional.
- A creative puzzle solver. You are comfortable innovating on-the-spot to come up with a growth-focused option every time!
- An agile team player. You are flexible in the face of change. You adapt quickly and actively push for a positive company experience. You are available to travel up to 20% of the time to industry events.
- The best. We only want the best people working for us. We want someone motivated, who dreams big. We want someone who truly enjoys the relationship building aspects of account management.
- A curious nomad, a globetrotter. As an added bonus but not required, you are well travelled, beyond the typical all-inclusive vacation sunspots. You have an appreciation for what defines luxury travel. Regional expertise across Europe, Asia, Africa and/or Latin America would also be an asset.
Like most cultures around the world, our corporate culture focuses on food and friendly competition. From getting to know the local cuisine of your specialty area, to catering an impromptu team meeting. From potlucks to lunch at a local hotspot. From in-office ping-pong tournaments to in-house soccer matches. Or, if sitting still is more your speed, we have a book club too and we take in the occasional Jays game!
As open-minded, adventure seekers and appreciators of experiences, even if you don’t check all of the boxes but this sounds like the role you want to explore, submit your application and we promise to consider it.
Apply now, or follow us on Twitter or Instagram.
Kensington Tours welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.