Who is TravelEdge?
TravelEdge is a technology company that provides the backbone and competitive edge to its two sister companies: Kensington Tours – an award winning private guided tour company, and Worldview Travel – a leader in corporate and leisure travel through its ever growing register of travel agencies. It is creating and fine tuning the technology, digital marketing and operational processes that are reinventing the travel industry.
In the midst of new technology and business trends some may consider travel old school and dull. TravelEdge will make you think again. We run like a start-up where the teams are lean the work is challenging and the rewards are high. We are growing quickly and very profitably without institutional investment. So we can build the right way – patiently and without compromise.
We are connected by a set of values. A passion to innovate, a sense of ownership, decisions led by facts, a desire to act quickly and fail fast, confidence with low ego, and a commitment to give back to those less fortunate. If you are a distinctive professional who would like to help us reshape the travel industry … join the team!
As the SEM Manager, you are an experienced and results-oriented individual ready to take our SEM efforts to the next level. The hands on position will join a small team who will work with our executive, marketing, and technical teams to refine SEM advertising strategies and execution. This role will have a particular focus on our luxury brand of Kensington Tours with the near term plan to expand SEM and lead generation into the family of brands.
- Be the day to day lead for the company’s lead generation-based SEM execution including campaign set up, maintenance and continual optimization.
- Collaborate with VP of Digital for short- and long-term SEM and lead generation strategy development and evolution
- Implement tactical online marketing initiatives including keyword research and analysis, bidding strategy and optimization, ad copy development, testing and refinement, on-page optimization, and competitive analysis.
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments, A/B testing and conversion optimization initiatives
- Identify opportunities to optimize spend and performance of campaigns
- Track, analyze, report and make recommendations based on defined SEM metrics and company KPIs
- Identify and onboard emerging trends and new digital marketing opportunities.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of marketing agency or in-house experience in PPC search and display campaigns.
- In-depth knowledge of the various paid marketing channels and technologies, including PPC search and display (Google AdWords/BING Ads), retargeting & programmatic advertising, social media advertising (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Advanced Adwords, Analytics, Tag Manager, Adwords Editor and BING Ads skills
- Adwords Certification is a bonus
- SEO expertise and experience an asset
- Experience with Social Media marketing (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc...)
- Diploma or undergraduate degree preferably in a communication, digital marketing/SEO-SEM related qualification.
- Confident, disciplined and assertive with excellent influencing and persuasion skills.
- A team player and self-starter that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking initiative with limited resources, and making data-driven and decisions.