As part of an over $850M Canadian-owned company (an enterprise that consists of TravelEdge, Kensington Tours, and Worldview Travel), Worldview Travel is one of the leading Virtuoso agencies with offices in California, Toronto, Florida, Atlanta, New York, Oregon, and Bermuda. Worldview Travel comprises leisure, corporate and specialty travel divisions and is a recognized leader in the industry.
The Leisure Travel Advisor will be responsible for providing a knowledgeable and consultative service based on experience and expert knowledge of the industry. The Leisure Travel Advisor will also manage files from inquiry stage, follow up, closing the sale, processing the reservation to final release of documentation.
- Research various destinations and means of travel regarding prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Diagnose the clients’ specifications and wishes and suggest suitable travel packages or services.
- Organize travels from beginning to end, through booking tickets and accommodation, securing rental transportation etc.
- Advise clients on travel arrangements (i.e. visas, passports, vaccinations, etc.) and keep clients up to date with any changes.
- Supply travelers with pertinent information and useful travel/holiday material (guides, maps, event programs etc.).
- Calculate itinerary costs and collect deposits and balances.
- Use promotional techniques and prepare promotional materials to sell itinerary tour packages.
- Handle unforeseen problems and complaints and determine eligibility for money returns.
- Attend conferences to maintain familiarity with tourism trends.
- Create and update electronic records of clients.
- Network and build a book of business while maintaining relationships with other key stakeholders.
- Keep financial statements and documents.
- Reach the revenue and profit targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years proven working experience as a travel consultant/advisor/agent
- TICO certified
- Degree in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or relevant field (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of industry software (computer reservations systems, GDS systems and e-travel). Sabre and ClientBase experience an asset.
- Proficiency in English; knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Exemplary sales skills and customer oriented service approach
- Proven ability to network to build business
- Well versed in various areas of travel (domestic/international, business/holidays, group/individual etc.)
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Personal travel experience (preferred)
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: 1920 Avenue Road (The Travel Network)