TravelEdge is a $650 million travel company with offices in Canada, US and Bermuda. Employing over 600 people, it is headquartered in downtown Toronto, and is privately held. The company has grown at a rapid pace, from start-up in 2006, and has three operating companies; Kensington Tours, a tailor-made tour company, Worldview Travel, a group of luxury and corporate travel agencies, TravelEdge, a technology based Travel Company.
Acquired by TravelEdge in 2012, Worldview Travel is one of the largest Virtuoso agencies, excelling in both Corporate and Leisure Travel. With 15 offices in the US, Canada and Bermuda, Worldview Travel looks to continued growth through acquisition in the corporate and luxury travel space.
As a member of the TravelEdge Finance team but with a specific focus on the Worldview Travel group, the Leisure Accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
- Monitor all invoices and transactions to ensure accuracy on a daily basis
- Analysis of inaccuracy in the invoice and liaising with the agents
- Monitor daily client and vendor balance for non-payments, delayed payments and irregularities
- Monitor daily bank transactions to ensure all various receipts, credit card merchant transaction, BSP receipt/payments matches what is posted in TRAMS
- Posting commission receipts from Paymode, Pegasus, TACC, TIESS, and other vendors
- Prepare collection on weekly basis for outstanding commission from vendors
- Prepare bank deposits, verifying and balancing receipts
- Reconciling credit card merchant transactions and preparing deposits entry on a daily basis
- Investigating any unclaimed commissions and liaising with independent and in-house agents
- Investigate/resolve queries and provide general customer service
- Prepare agent’s statement
- Prepare weekly report of Accounts Receivable/Payable
- Advise management on weekly basis of any ongoing issue
- To consistently deliver excellent Customer Service to all internal and external customers
- Any other adhoc projects that maybe required
- Travel Industry experience is a must
- Minimum 7 years general financial accounting experience within the travel industry combined with a solid understanding of accounting principles
- Minimum 5 years of experience using the financial software TRAMS
- Minimum 5 years in handling travel accounts receivable and payable
- Experienced working within a Travel “IC” (Independent Contractor as agent) environment an asset
- Familiarity with GDS travel booking systems (Sabre preferred)
- Familiarity with travel accounting concepts arising out of ARC or BSP processes
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office – intermediate to advanced Excel
- Understanding of Client Base CRM tool used by agents (preferred but not required)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to function effectively during month end accounting cycles
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in accomplishing goals and objectives to ensure success
- Comfortable in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.