As part of an over $850M Canadian-owned company (an enterprise that consists of TravelEdge, Kensington Tours, and Worldview Travel), Worldview Travel is one of the leading Virtuoso agencies with offices in California, Toronto, Florida, Atlanta, New York, Oregon, and Bermuda. Worldview Travel comprises leisure, corporate and specialty travel divisions and is a recognized leader in the industry. Worldview Corporate Travel Services, a business unit branch of Worldview Travel, Inc. (“WVT”), builds customized solutions designed to deliver measurable ROI. Worldview Travel is uniquely positioned to service corporations of any size.
The Manager, Operations supports the Regional Director. The Manager, Operations will be responsible for supporting our California branch operations. The Manager, Operations will improve performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability while delivering the highest standards of customer service and ensuring customer and agent retention.
- Inspire and lead a team to exceed their goals on a daily basis.Operationally responsible for ensuring the team is properly staffed and they have the skills, techniques, tools, and processes in place to exceed customer expectations.
- Develop others by giving specific and timely feedback; sets high standards for individual and team performance; and provides effective training that enhance employee’s skills.
- Act as a catalyst for new corporate initiatives; understand the initiatives, communicate changes; motivate staff to buy-in to changes; and measure the effectiveness of the initiatives.
- Support and track the performance of marketing campaigns and sales initiatives.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners to meet and exceed team goals.
- Become skilled at and work with our operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being.
- Contribute towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational objectives.
- Examine financial data/statements and utilize them to improve profitability.
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s.
- Serve as an escalation point of contact in matters where additional customer service or intervention is required.
- Provide administrative leadership at the Branch level.
- Actively coordinate and deliver team meetings with the RD and arrange supplier meetings/trainings (as required).
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of travel industry experience.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in an Operations Manager capacity, preferably in Leisure Travel.
- Experience with influencing staff that are not direct reports.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, an asset.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated leadership abilities coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn new systems.Experience with Sabre and ClientBase a must.
- Strong knowledge/relationships with hotel/land/cruise suppliers.
- Solid analytical, finance, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.